The CASE District VI Board of Directors wants to create a Venture Capital Fund as a means to support new and innovative programming ideas within District VI. The fund supports professional development and networking opportunities organized by advancement professionals (communications/marketing, alumni, fundraising and advancement services) at member institutions. This initiative is a complement to, not duplication of, the funds that are directed toward priorities designated by the District VI Board.
The fund is available to all District VI institutions - large and small, urban and rural, public and private. It cannot be used as a way to pay tuition for existing classes or participation in a program that just one CASE VI member is attending.
Funding and Timeline
• A total of $5,000 is available for grants in 2016.
• Grants of $500 to $5,000 are available.
• Applications are reviewed bi-annually by a committee made up of advancement professionals from the district.
• The first applications deadline is March 15, 2016.
• The second application deadline is Sept. 1, 2016.
Reasons for Professional Development Focus
• Invest in yourself and in your colleagues.
• In tight economic times, this is a benefit that you can provide to your staff even if you can't offer raises or promotions. Retain your best people!
• Good programs mean you and your colleagues will be doing better work.
• Professional development offers an opportunity to refresh yourself and think bigger thoughts. Recharge your batteries!
• Grow our network of colleagues and ultimately enhance our annual round-table discussions.
• Provide much-needed training at a time when the advancement field faces the challenges of a new financial landscape.
• Offer a specific and valuable training opportunity at minimal cost in a local area where travel is often required for staff development.
• Do you want to create a networking group of advancement professionals at other institutions, but lack funding to get it off the ground?
• Have you and a few colleagues wanted to bring in a nationally recognized speaker for a cross-institution professional development program, but lacked the resources to make it happen?
• Have you wanted to hold a mini-conference on a topic that isn't covered at the annual district conferences?
1. Complete the Application for Venture Capital Funding by March 15, 2016.
2. Applications are reviewed by the District VI Venture Capital Fund Committee and presented to the District VI Executive Committee for final approval.
3. Grant recipients are contacted and awards are announced.
4. Grant recipients will market their programs independently of CASE.
5. Grant recipients will recognize the support from the CASE VI Venture Fund in all of their marketing materials for this activity.
6. Grant recipients will complete their activity within 12 months of notification of award.
7. Within 30 days following the activing/use of the funds, grant recipients must provide a written report of the uses and impact of the funds.
• Successful applications will most likely meet some of the following criteria:
• Impacts a number of CASE VI professionals
• Collaborates with CASE VI member institutions
• Does not replicate existing programs offered by CASE VI, including the annual conference
• Includes a comprehensive budget and justification of the need for funding
• Identifies need and desired outcomes including correlation to CASE International and District VI priorities.
Expectations of Grant Recipients
Grant winners are expected to file a final report detailing the use and impact of funds within 30 days of completion of the activity.
• This report will include the number of participants, names of participating institutions, an event summary, a final budget and all marketing materials.
• Grant payment will be made after receipt and review of the final report.
Sheri Irwin-Gish, chair of the CASE VI New Capital Fund and Executive Director of Communications, Marketing and External Relations at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Business Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 1996-2015 Council for Advancement and Support of Education